DIY Fuel Enrichment Device, now hosted for everyone

On Wed, Oct 13, 2004 at 06:41:45AM -0400, Rick Kellner wrote:

> Now, some questions.  Did you find the switches with the resistors in
> parallel offered much of a change after 1,100 ohms?

Quite honestly, I left it set with 1100 ohms.  I suspect you'd have to do
actual dyno runs in order to perfectly tune it to your particular engine
setup.

> Do you remember the
> range of resistance the stock temp sensor produced?  Does it eventually
> go (or approach) zero when hot?
> Thanks, Rick.

Here's a graph from Bentley:

http://slacktide.org:88/~dan/CoolantTemp.jpg

Apparantly, the coolant temperature sensor is not the most precise device
in the world.  Luckily, it gets more precise as the temperature increases.
At 0 deg C, resistance is between 5000 and 6500 ohms.  At 100 dec C, it is
between 175 and 225 ohms.

Dan

--
Who you calling crazy? You wouldn't know what crazy was if
Charles Manson was eatin' fruit loops on your front porch!

		-- Suicidal Tendencies