was Pistons - now rings

While this may or may not be true, it sounds like the advice given by Neal
and others is that
conventional rings deserve consideration.
 I'd have to agree.
  You can hardly go wrong using the piston manufacturer's recommendation for
rings.  Conventional rings, properly installed, work very nicely.
  Go with something else (gapless?), and if problems occur, there's no one
to blame but yourself.
 That said, some gearheads are gearheads BECAUSE they like to tinker and try
something new/different.  If that's you, more power to you and let us know
how the experiments work out.  You may find a new, better way.
 Then again, you may use up a lot of head gaskets in the process.
It boils down to your risk tolerance. (and I am somewhat envious of those of
you with high levels of RT)
Larry
sandiego16v