Wires, coils, and elephants

Ok, more specifically. Is there any advantage to a higher voltage coil? Will it make a difference, or is it a waste of money?  Are bigger wires going to do anything different(7mm, 8mm, 10mm)??

thanx
-George

  Hey guys(yeah yeah, girls too, lol),
      My plug wires are dying. When it's dark I can see them arc to the head a little(mostly just #3, but water doesn't affect how the car runs). I think my coil is old and tired too(no Idea how old it really is).
  I have ye olde JH/ABA combo kicking. 10:1 compression.
  My Questions: What kinds of wires do you guys use? What kind of coils? Any advantages to MSD over accel or any other generic coils? Any advantage to fatty wires?
  I have taylor 8mm wires on the car now, they've been following me from car to car.

  thanx
  -George
  (Got ya, there aren't really any elephants!!)