What I learned today

Okay, I was once again out with some listers, doing the usual stuff.

What I learned, even though I arrived late:

1. A front end loader makes a handy hoist. And I need air tools.

2. Brake lines and wires can hold a lot of weight.

3. It is much more relaxing when your car is not involved at all. As if
anyone would voluntarily work on my curvacious MkIV Scirocco anyways.

4. Even with the engine and front suspension out, you cannot use the shift
rod to prop up the front of the car. Conversely, if a "special" short
shift kit comes up on EBay, and there's a nice curve in parts that should
be straight, just say no.

5. Seats that stick in the seat rails can be easily removed by rotating
the entire assembly "lefty loosey" until a firm snapping sound is heard.
But this is not a good plan if you plan to keep either the car or the
seat.

6. Even listers driving Mopar products with enough displacement to satisfy
three Scirocco's needs can be really nice guys. As if there was ever any
question about Scirocco owners. (good to meet you guys!)

7. The proper tools for removing the dash from a crappy US built VW are a
Phillips head driver and a boot, properly applied.

As usual, it was good to hang out with other VW types, and rip into some
poor vehicular victim. I needed it badly. Back to cursing at my own cars
tomorrow no doubt.

Cathy
1999 MkIV Scirocco (TDI New Beetle)
1987 2L 16V Scirocco
1979 1.8L 10:1 8V
"Deja moo- the feeling you've heard this bull before"