What I learned today

> 2. Brake lines and wires can hold a lot of weight.

true, but i would advise against using the speedo cable in the same manner.
especially if you still have the oxygen sensor counter box in there. turns
out it spontaneously combusts under those conditions, sending various gears
and springs all over the garage.

> 3. It is much more relaxing when your car is not involved at all. As if
anyone would voluntarily work on my curvacious MkIV Scirocco anyways.

now cathy, i know you're a rocco diggit and all, but i know of no sciroccos
that require engine removal to change out a headlight bulb.

> 7. The proper tools for removing the dash from a crappy US built VW are a
Phillips head driver and a boot, properly applied.

you forgot the sawzall :)

Al