Semi-O/T... Intermittent Relay Qs...

It must be that the relay(s) can be placed in the circuit to act
differently, i.e. the same relay(s) have connections that let it operate
differently when different connections on the relay(s) are used.  Perhaps
the wiring diagrams for the GTI and for the Scirocco, when compared, could
shed some light on the issue.
Obviously, I am no expert.... :)
Larry
sandiego16v

> Larrys' question about the relay clicking helped me to realize that the
Scirocco rear wiper comes on automatically on the intermittent setting.  The
O/T bit is that I would like to have my GTI do the same thing.  I looked in
ETKA, but I see that damn near any VW that is on the road has the same
relays...  Hopefully someone will be kind enough to help me figure out what
I am missing here...
> The wash-wipe/intermittent relay is always the same,
> 191-955-529,
> And the rear wipe relay is,
> 191-955-531
> This is what I find regardless of year, or model...
> Any ideas what makes the rear wiper work on the intermittent setting?
> TIA,
>   David
> PS.  I have the programmable intermittent relay at the moment, so I am
hoping that the relay/modification needed will not prevent that from
working....