Semi-O/T... Intermittent Relay Qs...

Larrys' question about the relay clicking helped me to realize that the Scirocco rear wiper comes on automatically on the intermittent setting.  The O/T bit is that I would like to have my GTI do the same thing.  I looked in ETKA, but I see that damn near any VW that is on the road has the same relays...  Hopefully someone will be kind enough to help me figure out what I am missing here...

The wash-wipe/intermittent relay is always the same,

191-955-529,

And the rear wipe relay is,

191-955-531

This is what I find regardless of year, or model...

Any ideas what makes the rear wiper work on the intermittent setting?

TIA,
  David

PS.  I have the programmable intermittent relay at the moment, so I am hoping that the relay/modification needed will not prevent that from working....

Chrome may make it bling, but it don't make the engine sing...