Scirocco art - Illustration v2 pt. 1 - Complete!

From: "T Berk" <tberk@sbcglobal.net>
> Hey hey!  I got the other email 1st, just got around to this one in turn.
>
> 1) I smiled a big cheesy grin when I saw the ref jpeg, (cause it's a Mk1)
> only to loose some of it when I saw the end result was modified.
>
> This is because you can modify the picture after you have a stock base to
> work with, but harder to reverse the engineering back to a stock picture
> after the fact. My feelings on this are based purely on my own selfish
> greed.

Huh?  I enjoy a good clean stock Mk1 as much as anyone but decided it would
be fun to tackle something much more extreme.  The hardest part about this
wasn't even the technical execution, but trying to draw the image I saw in
my head.  That car in the reference photo is mine a couple months ago while
I was working on some of the initial restoration.   I admit it looks
terrible there, but when I look at it I see something closer to the modified
drawing.  Maybe that means I'm delusional, I dunno.

Here's the "lite" version, too, which some may find less objectionable:
http://www.xgtgx.com/img/scirocco-lite.gif

> I think he needs to contact Foose Performance in California. you have
> alot of talent my friend, and I do hope you are pursuing this talent
> of yours.

Unfortunately I really can't pursue it as seriously as I would like.  I'm a
student at the Naval Academy and will be spending at least the next 8 years
in the military.  When you say Foose Performance, are you talking about Chip
Foose, the hot rod designer?  I tried looking for the company but didn't
find anything except that name.  I would be in heaven if I could work in the
automotive industry doing something like this, but I just can't see
something like that actually happening.

Thanks for the compliments guys.  I'll keep the list posted on any further
progress.

-Grant-
Annapolis, MD/Louisville, KY
1980 in storage :(