E test/ mix questions

The only problem I had today during the e-test on Ellen's winter driver(Da Voyager) was the idiot doing the gas cap thing asking me if I had a leash for my dog.

My puppy was wearing a harness that astronauts would wear going to the moon, or riding in Anson's bi-sexual hell machine.

DUH! No wonder Flaps was barking at him, he's good at sniffing out the morons!

Tonee

C Boyko <roccit_53@scirocco.cs.uoguelph.ca> wrote:
Okay, so I'm once again pissed with "the man". My car failed E test. Now
some of you say your cars pass with no cat. My cat was blocked, and is now
hollow. I'm bright enought to realize that adding a cat would probably get
me a pass, but I'd prefer to do it without.

So here's what was wrong:

CO: fine at both idle and 2500 rpm
HC: fine at idle, very slightly high at 2500 rpm
NOX: not rated at idle, way over at 2500 rpm.

So, am I getting this right?
CO indicates incomplete combustion, most likey too rich (not enough O2 to
react). But I was okay there.
NOX is from too high a cylinder temp, perhaps lean or just plain squeezed
too much, or both, something severe enough to break up atmospheric N2
HC means incomplete combustion, too rich OR way lean so that there isn't
enough heat to ignite the whole gulp of air/fuel.

So far okay?

What's stoic as far as DPR goes? I know 5-10mA is the typical range. I
think I had it a bit lean (I was worried I'd fail for HCs), the NOX levels
would suggest it's too lean.

The car's running/ idling great, so it figures the damned government will
prevent me from driving it. But I can drive my gas hog Ford pickup no
problems, it passes the sniff. But never pass a gas station.

Oil/plugs, etc are all brand new, and it was warmed up well pretest and
full of 94 octane. Can't wait till I'm 50, the car turns 20 then, and can
pollute as much as it wants to.

Input? I'd appreciate any, I want to get this resolved and time's a ticking.

Cathy
1999 TDI New Beetle
1987 2L 16V Scirocco
1979 1.8L 10:1 8V
"Scirocco-(noun)- A hot wind which causes severe headaches"