Eng Swap

Walter Tollenaere wrote:
>    Hi
>
>    I am new at this site and I hope somebody can help me.
>
>    I have a 83 Scirocco and just did eng swap to 1.8L 16V.  I replace all
>    the  eng  harness  and  the fuel dist and lines.  I tried to start the
>    eng, no fuel, test pump, pump is working.  Anybody with idea.
>
>    Eng just got rebuilt, first over size.

OK, (btw - Hi Wally!, Welcome!)  OK, you say you tested the pump but
does this mean you have fuel flowing out the injectors & that the pump
is getting a good 12v? Or does it mean the pump is known good ala carte?

Second, Do you know if the plugs are getting spark?

Third, and this may seem silly- Are you sure you hooked up the right
wires to the coil? It's been known to a) connect the wrong ones to the
right terminals & b) connect something like a test lead to a coil
terminal that shouldn't be connected.

Getting it to 1st fire up can be a case of getting a baseline fuel to
air mix right, and the timing set to stock.

Reply with some more details and we'll see what we can do.

TBerk