[SPAM] Re: Any advice on removing stuck studs in head?

Shit man, I was sure the master cheapass would come through with an oven tip.

If all else fails toss that fucker in a BBQ grill or better yet, the oven while the wife is out.

Once the casting hits 350 or so those stuborn studs should spin out with no further argument. You will have to do valve guide seals afterwards but if all else fails...

Anson

Ron Pieper <rapieper@yahoo.com> wrote:
How much stud is sticking out? Mig welding a nut onto a stub is a good trick. if it's recessed,
you may be screwed and have to pull the head.

Ron

--- JOHN WORDEN wrote:

> I have some studs in the 16V's head I need to remove and replace. I have
> tried the PB Blaster, Kroil, heat and even the wax trick with no results.
> My next option is to weld on some of the new nuts and try that, but I figure
> I would ask all of you for some thoughts on this. Keep in mind before you
> reply that I have tried PB BLaster, Kroil, heat and wax; I am saying this
> because I am bound to get a reply suggesting one or more of these.
>
> Thanks,
> John Worden

=====
Cheapass Ron
"Victor Jr." - '81 Scirocco S 7SM
2.0L 16V w/ Megasquirt, Quaifed GL 4-speed
It's Alive!!!