Um, for you guys who buy stuff over a large distance...needadvice on payment

On Sun, 7 Nov 2004 00:46:14 -0500 (EST), Sandor <sandor@vwot.org> wrote:

> perhaps I wasn't clear...I'm an idiot...I know absolutely nothing about
> the transmission of cash if it isn't via paper airplane :)
> So where would I go to wire cash?, what's the usual cost?...please,
> patronize me!

What I usually do is buy a postal money order and ExpressPost it.
It's guaranteed 2 - 5 business days, and is fully web trackable.

Once you agree on a price with the seller, buy the money order and
email him the tracking info.  Most sellers would "hold" an item if you
provide a tracking number promptly.  If you want to make the seller
feel even better, photocopy the money order made out in his name and
the expresspost envelope addressed to him, and scan/email it to him...

The Expresspost envelope only costs $8.75 Cdn to anywhere in the U.S.
If it's going to a major  city it usually only takes 3 days...

Word of advice - DON'T buy the U.S. money order in American funds -
they convert it back to Canadian, and then back to U.S. funds, so you
lose twice...  Buy a U.S. postal money order in Canadian funds.  The
receipient of the money order can trade it instantly for cash at ANY
post office in the U.S. without any waiting period, and it can't be
cancelled like a bank money order.  It's basically as good as cash...

HTH,

Mark.
75
80 S