fastest bus ever?

In a message dated 11/3/04 1:01:37 PM Eastern Standard Time,
scirocco-l-request@scirocco.org writes:
Subject: Fastest vw bus ever
I really enjoyed that clip of the super fast bus, but does anyone remember
aound 1982 when porsche was found with a 930 turbo motor in a vanagon so it
could be used as a chase/supply van during high speed testing in europe? How about
a rabbit that was stretched and widened to accomodate a 928 drivetrain?  I
don't know if anyone else remembers these cars, but back then our family was a
Porsche/VW dealer and the factory had sent magazine clippings to make us drool.
 I really would like to see them again if anyone can tell me how.  PS the 75
mk1 runs great. Michael