Name that problem!

Super! I was really hoping on the finger breaking as it sounds like that is something that can be fairly easily fixed and doesn't require dropping the tranny. This car isn't worth the time for me to drop the tranny and go messing around inside it. Ah well, after searching Craig's List, there are quite a few decent cars for $500 or less. I have my eye on a 73 International Scout (I love those things) for $500 and an 80 Toyota Corolla 100 for $200 that needs it's carb cleaned.

Dan

T Berk <tberk@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

You my friend are a victim of Push Plate Punch Through.

The Arm leverages a push rod, which in turn presses on a Push Plate w/
a small metal button in the middle.

When worn and/or abused the rod wanders of to the side causing it to
ride not on the Hardened Steel Button bu the much milder steel of the
Plate itself. Wallah- Push Through.

(Very likely you _will_ need two men and a boy to move the clutch
level much more than a little initial bit.)

Number Two is likely the small RED wire that runs the Starter Solenoid
has fallen off and is dangling.

TBerk
reminded of a Parliament/Funkadelic phrase: "Name that Feelin'!"