Diesel q's

It seems I made your day Drew  :) Now that I have had coffee, the concept
remains the same.
The idea is to keep the lower block and replace everything else. the head,
injectors and fuel pressure system etc.

Is there a head that will fit the 9A? Or is the block just too "soft" to
take the bigger and harder injectors?

Julie Macfarlane
1981 MKI 2L 16v w 2Y
Amsterdam NY