Diesel q's

On Sun, 30 May 2004, ATS - Patrick Bureau wrote:

> Talking about diesels, drew I need to pick you mind at cincy because I am
> looking to convert the 82 into a disel, probably a 1.6 or 1.7 TD (cheaper)

Where are you going to find a 1.7D/TD?  They come in 1.5, 1.6 and 1.9
flavours as far as I know.

> But I would like to make a list oif thinks that need to change to get it
> done.

A good running engine is the first 20 items or so on the list.  It's best
that the donor be from an A1 so it will have the correct passenger's motor
mount and timing belt covers, otherwise you will have to source these
parts from an A1 diesel.  Everything else is, for the most part, removal
of unneeded items (mainly wiring and fuel related bits) from the car.  The
trickiest wirinng is for the glowplugs - and the Mk2 fuse panel can be
easily adapted to accomodate this with the diesel wiring diagram as a
guide.

Drew

--

84 Wolfsburg Ed. Scirocco GTD     http://scirocco.cs.uoguelph.ca/gtd