Animism revisted

I've been out of school since the last week of April, sure is nice! I'm doing crazy stuff to cars this week. The green machine finally ate it (more to follow in different email) and the mk1 is just waiting for it's block to be dropped. Once that's done I'm going to see if I can borrow an engine stand from someone somewhere and build up the new block. The new block has been riding around in Lacy's trunk for lack of a better storage spot and it turns out they didn't drain the oil out. I suppose this was to keep anything inside from rusting, but now there's a few quarts of oil soaked into the trunk carpet. Luckily she hasn't noticed yet, so I'm hoping to take it to a local detailing shop and have them get the oil out for hopefully less than the cost of an arm and/or leg. Luckily I don't have the deadline of Cincy but I also don't have a running car at a time when I'm working 5 days a week delivering.

Dan
PS Cathy, the purple sideview mirror is sadly missing it's glass, so your son's current model is probably more useful.

Yikes, I just have vaccuuming and some road testing to do, and some minor
wiring jobs that are non essential. I'm reducing the preCincy stress levels
this year, so I don't feel like crap by the time I get there. GL eh? And
last day of school????? We go till end of June, I had to take a leave for
"urgent personal reasons" LOL. As if any of my students will be there on a
Friday in June anyway.

SO who else is doing crazy stuff to the cars this week? I've been prepping
my car for Cincy since, well, about mid June of last year!!! (and of course
they still aren't ready)
PS don't forget the alignment...
Cathy