euro light switch

patrick wrote:

>ok i got the euro lights and i am gonna order the relay for the kights from
>futrell auto. gonna go ahead and hook all four up since i cant seem to find
>a grill for the mean two headlight look. anyways so i know the big outers
>are high and low, so the inners are just driving lights?? what switch does
>everyone have these hooked to a factory foglight switch?? how about the city
>lights do you guys have a seperate switch for them too?? please enlighten me
>as to how these are all gonna be able to turn on, i am anxious to get these
>babys in

The inner H1 euro lights are indeed "driving lights" with only two
settings - off and high.  Normally, you would have these wired with your
high beam triggers, so that when the outer H3 switch from low to hi, the
inners come on at that time.  My city lights come on when the "parking"
lights and dash lights come on (1st click of the headlight switch)

Here are some fun options if you relay your Euros - I did these and I
love them:
Jumper your High beams to your low beams un the steering column so the
the H3 lows stay on while the H3 and H1 highs are on. see
<http://mk1scirocco.com/lowhigh.htm>
Add an extra pair of relays and a toggle switch so that you have
independent control of you inner high beams ( see diagram 3)
<http://www.danielsternlighting.com/tech/relays/relays.html>

HTH

- Camron from Vancouver, WA USA
   '86.5 Black 16V 2.0L