Fuel question, CIS

Just a quick one, on my 79 (Klaus) which is a 1.6 with CIS/points, I have a
ticking sound which seems to be coming from the fuel line between the filter
and the distributor when I shut it off. It ticks maybe 10 or 20 times then
quits. I'm suspecting this line isn't the original one, it looks to be about
10" long, and makes a full circle before reaching its destination, and it
has a heavy rubber coating on it, which is cracked. By comparison, my 80 has
a shorter, to the point, hard looking line in the same location.

So what do you think the ticking's all about? (the fuel filter's an unknown
quantity, it's a candidate for replacement) And should I swap that line from
the 80 into it?

One more handy tip from Cathy: Your 8V will run like ass if you do the plugs
and leave one plug wire off (Doh).

Anyway, as usual, feedback is welcome. Unless it involves donating the car
to someone.
Cathy

Add photos to your e-mail with MSN Premium. Get 2 months FREE*