dropping the block pt2

Dan wrote:
 >Next I plan on removing the oil pan and possibly oil pump

Leave that on so the engine has something to sit on...

 >figuring out how to disconnect the clutch cable
Loosen the cable. There is a metal "tab" that fits on the end of the cable
with a rubber grommet between.

 >and sticking some 4x4s or a shipping pallet under the car to support the
motor.

Sound good? Sounds good!

>So, just motor mounts to be undone and out comes the block/tranny?

And to think, I swapped my first alternator by myself only a year ago.

Well done. 4 years ago I never changed the oil. Having fun yet?