best way to drop the bottom end

Ok, so I got the head off finally. Ended up cutting the downpipe but it worked. Now it's on to the bottom end. It looks like the easiest way to go about it is to disconnect the bottom from the tranny and drop the bottom end and then work on disconnecting and dropping the tranny. I haven't seen a whole lot of bolts mating the 2 parts, but the ones I've tried are a bitch! The 19mm ones have refused to budge, even when I climbed in the engine bay and stood on the wrench.
My options are:
Keep going the PB Blaster/wrench route
Rent an electric impact wrench (do these require special sockets?)
Buy a torch and try that path

I love seeing the pile of parts grow behind the car while the bay gets more and more empty. It's frustrating when I get stuck but overall it's been a hell of a lot of fun. Suggestions on how to go from here greatly appreciated.

Dan