Best way to "flush out" a dirty tranny? HELP!

LOL!  I have till next Wednesday to do the swap.  I'm still unsure if I
should just swap out the fifth gear, or the whole tranny...  I don't
think I can take hours and hours of highway driving with the 4K - not to
mention the sucky fuel mileage it gets buzzing along at 4200 rpm...

The reason I was thinking of swapping the whole tranny is that I'm
afraid the drop to the .71 5th would be quite a jump for the tow vehicle
if I just swapped it into the 4K.  In terms of work involved, I can drop
a tranny in no time, so I'm thinking that the 5th gear swap would
actually take me longer.

Decisions, decisions...

Mark.
75