Front-end vibration?

Quoting Drew <drew@scirocco.cs.uoguelph.ca>:

> It's also a good idea to clean the
> threads of the wheel bolts and lightly oil them, then reinstall the rims
> torquing to spec.

Thanks.  I did this, too, before installing the rims (MiM Speedline Ventos).
I've had them for 4 years now.  And they are torqued to spec.

> If the vibration persists its possible that you lost a wheel weight,
> throwing one of the tires off balance.

Yup, just seems odd since I had them balanced last year (I think; it may be 2
years..), but I do have them use stick-on weights vs. pound on, so entirely
possible I tossed a weight.

Before I take it out to the tire balance shop, I just want to check all the
things I can.

> Hope this helps.  So Cathy said Brett's going to have a go at helping
> you patch the lines on the Scirocco - does this mean you'll be
> bringing
> it to Cincy?  If so, my offer to install plastic still stands.

I am not bringing the Scirocco to Cincy.  I won't trust it.

No, he's not bringing patch lines.  He thinks he can do the trick of clamping in
a piece of fuel injector line to a split in the hard line.

Which is what I tried, and cannot get a good seal, even with two fuel injector
clamps at both ends of the splice.

Drew, I understand your trick of using plastic lines also uses the idea of using
FI hose to splice onto the hard lines.  Darn.  I thought you completely replaced
the steel lines with the plastic lines, from tank to fuel distributor. Since I
can't get the FI line to seal on the hard line that I have now, I don't think
this technique will buy anything.

| Jim Jarrett,Rochester NY       93 Passat GLX,     84 Scirocco |
| mailto:jarrett@rpa.net         81 Rabbit Convertible 16v      |