Window sealants/touch up paint

On Wed, 12 May 2004, C Boyko wrote:

> Okay, those with leaky Roccos (and I know I'm not the only one)...I got this
> stuff that is for automotive windows, it's a urethane sealant that is
> supposed to stay pliable, and mentions its excellent adhesion to metal and
> glass, so presumably it is for the non-gasket style windows like my NB.
> Anyone used this stuff? I stayed away from silicone since it stiffens up and
> wouldn't adhere well to the (likley not that clean) surfaces under there.

This is the shiznit (as TMB would say) that the auto glass folks used to
seal the windshield on the past few A1 Jettas that I had them replaced
(and subsequently seal even though they said "That gasket will never
leak!")  They also used it on Carrots at my request (surprise - it leaked,
even though you said it wouldn't!)

Good stuff - forget the silicone.

Drew

--