Gravedigger, beach trip,prism kites, mkV vs. mkII, rubber necking

First, the picture:
http://us.f1.yahoofs.com/users/862babc1/bc/Fun+Stuff/__sr_/f044.jpg?ph0CQnAB.2l3qVKZ

I had a great drive to the beach  and back with my wife.  ~700 miles in a Scirocco packed to the brim!  No calls for immediate maintenance during the trip.  :-)
Uneventful drive down.  It's amazing the number of trucks and SUV's down there. It made my car feel really low.
I got two new stunt kites. An Adrenaline and a Fanatic, boy are they nice.  I learned how to do stalls and slides this week.
The week was great and we drove back yesterday.  I was zooming along and saw a flash of lights in my mirror.  It was a guy in a white mk2 gti.

http://us.f1.yahoofs.com/users/862babc1/bc/Fun+Stuff/__sr_/e266.jpg?ph0dQnABJ9MaSRA.

It was cool to have someone wave just because of the car I drive.  I was swelled with VW pride.  About a hour later, I guy in a R32 drives by with out a knob.  My wife said, "what's wrong with that guy?"  She also joked that she was going to start waving at all fellow Echo owners.  :)

Our progress was significant slowed because one regular and two rubber necking accidents.  After not getting out of second gear for 1 1/2 hours, I was dreaming of having an automatic.  My car was really loaded down and when it got dark, the headlights were pointed a bit high. (good thing I didn't come up on many cars after dark).  I was wondering if anyone has headlights with aiming motors on their Scirocco?