Fwd: Semi OT: CIS-E vs. CIS-E Motronic...

Resent, as I did not see it come across...

----- Forwarded message from David Utley <mr.utility@highstream.net> -----
    Date: Sat,  8 May 2004 11:11:37 -0400
    From: David Utley <mr.utility@highstream.net>
 Subject: Semi OT: CIS-E vs. CIS-E Motronic...

Hello all,
  I am needing a little nudge one way or another as to which system I should
have on my 2.0 16V pickup.  CIS-E is in there now, BUT it is not modulating
the DPR as it should (IE, the sucker is not working electronically).  Another
thing, I had a tear in the boot on the knock brain, so I decided to fix it.
The only way to do that is to remove each connection from the plastic
connector housing.  Upon doing that, I bent each connection such that it is
unreuseable (I know, and I work at a dealership- poor planning on my part, no
tool).  SO, I will have to cut & solder some new connections (13).  While this
can be done, I am wondering if this is worth my time and effort when I have
the Motronic system waiting (Passat).

  To those that have converted from CIS_E to Motronic:  Was it worth the
effort?  I am not concerned if you had the 1.8 instead of the 2.0, I just want
to know if it was worth the trouble.  Was there a percieveable change in
power?  Does the thing drive better?  Etc., etc.

  I think I am aware of the subtle differences in the possible problems that
can arise with each system, but I have only regularly driven a CIS-E car, with
no trouble.  Thanks to Brett for the details on Scirocco.org for the proper
install of the Motronic.  I am attempting to source a Passat manual as we
speak (if I do not use it for this project, I will use it later anyways).

Thanks for any, and all help...

David Utley
Cable Volkswagen
405-470-3129