more engine pulling Qs

I've got everything disconnected from the head now, though it's still currently bolted in. The AC compressor is getting closer to being able to be removed (the hoses are going to have to be sawzall'd) but there is one bolt that will be much easier to reach with the head off. My question is though, is it easier to pull the head and then the rest of the engine/tranny later with the head off or is pulling it out all at once the way to go? The problem is that I am able to sneak the car into a garage for a couple days, but only a couple. Rain or bad weather isn't really a problem, dust is about the only issue I have to contend with. What's the best way to go about this?

TIA,
Dan
P.S.- How heavy is a 1.6L head?