lowering springs for an 86 GT

On Wed, 2004-05-05 at 16:51, T Berk wrote:
> Well, Isn't the 1986 year an A2 chassis, even in the UK?

It's an 86 Scirocco GT - an A1 platform.

> If so you are looking at spring perch size differences, I believe, as
> well as possibly differences in total shock diameter meaning the A1
> chassis springs (esp after market) may not fit the later cars.

I didn't think there was an issue with A1s since 1980 for spring perch
size.  Th only difference *should* be spring load - based on the weight
of the cars.  A1 Jetta springs on a Scirocco or A1 Golf will be a bit
stiff because there's no trunk hanging out past the rear axle.
COnversely A1 Golf springs on an A1 Jetta will result in a sagging rear.

> Am I con-fu-zed here?

Naw, likely misinformed.

Drew

84 Wolfsburg Ed. Scirocco GTD http://scirocco.cs.uoguelph.ca/gtd
89 Audi 200 Turbo Quattro Avant
94 A3 Golf GL TurboDiesel, 99 A3 Jetta GL TDI
At the time this email was written there were only
29 days, 7 hours, and 3 minutes until Cincy2K+4! Have YOU packed yet?