From: scirocco-l-bounces@scirocco.org
[mailto:scirocco-l-bounces@scirocco.org]On Behalf Of Allyn
Sent: Sunday, May 02, 2004 9:10 PM
To: C Boyko; scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Subject: Re: Can't get the wheel off.

once you do get that wheel off, you might want to do some light coating of
wheel bearing grease in there. very light. the intent is to prevent water
from seeping in the contact area, which in turn causes galvanic corrosion
between the wheel and hub (which causes the white flaky stuff).
p.s. the rieger wheels do this to me as well. specifically the fronts. it
usually doesn't take more than a few good kicks. i have occasionally had to
resort to Wagner's 2-lug theory (but i keep all 4 in, just backed out a few
turns). i then jack that corner as high as i can, then completely dump the
car to the ground. sometimes just shaking it just wont cut it. speaking of
'shaking it', there's always Anson's 'jack it off' idea, which sounds good,
albeit in more ways than one...
hth
Al