Can't get the wheel off.

>From: Anson Clement <ansonivan@yahoo.com>
>To: C Boyko <roccit_53@hotmail.com>
>CC: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
>Subject: Re: Can't get the wheel off.
>Date: Sun, 2 May 2004 17:48:23 -0700 (PDT)
>
>Try using a bottle jack and a length of pipe between the two rear wheels,
>it will probably take two people to hold the pipe/jack in place while the
>jacking is done.... he said jacking.
>
>The plan is very much contingent upon finding some pipe that will fit the
>head of the jack correctly but with the school shop class at your disposal
>you should be able to come up with something to jack it off with.
>
>Anson

Well, I've now been at it for a good chunk of a few hours. SO now I have
slightly charred the finish, and damaged my ego beyond repair, and will put
my tail between my legs and take it to the shop that's doing the safety.
Hell, if I'd have left it there to begin with like any normal person, it
wouldn't have been in the accident.
I'd think heating it to where the penetrating stuff is crackling, and smoke
is pouring out of all the bolt holes is enough, right? (and things are warm
or hot to the touch?) So I'll go back to what I do well, marking papers. And
pay a mechanic, which is what I should have done to begin with.  I cannot
begin to tell you how demoralizing it is not to be able to take a simple
wheel off. I mean really, I do this all the time.  This car even gave me a
butt injury from removing one of the other wheels, I was hobbling like an
old woman, I forgot that "shops" overtorque the lugs with the impact guns.

Anson, in your scenario, where do you put the pipe so it doesn't wreck the
wheel? Or do you use some wood as a buffer?

Cathy, packing it in.

MSN Premium: Up to 11 personalized e-mail addresses and 2 months FREE*