Can't get the wheel off.

Funny coincidence, I went through the same thing today.  I had to swap
my bald front winter tires (man do those things ever have an aversion to
a heavy right foot) to the back so I could make the rainy trip to
Toronto today to buy a set of teardrops with rubber for cheap...

Here?s how I jerked, errrr whacked, errrrrrrr got off (the wheel that
is).  I spun the raised wheel and whacked the back of the tire with my
long beefy handle (from my hydraulic jack you perv :D)...  It took a lot
of hitting, but it finally came off.  I've done the same in the past
with a long piece of 2x4, and a long prybar.  The trick is to spin the
wheel and hit roughly the opposite side you just hit (ie:  if you keep
hitting it in the same spot you're likely just making things worse).
Just smack the hell out of it.  It's easier to get a good hit with a
LONG piece of wood or whatever you have lying around.  The jack handle
worked well today, but if you miss the tire with something like this you
may damage your wheel.  You also run the risk of damaging the tire, but
I have yet to have any problems, and I run into this scenario every once
in a while.  The force a hammer puts on the wheel is nothing compared to
winding up and taking a good swing at it with a piece of wood with Mr.
Momentum (cousin of Mr. Leverage) behind it.  Wire wheel the whole area
and anti-sneeze it after you get the wheel off to make it easier next
time...

Mark.
75
77
80 S
81
81 S  2.0 ABA/JH/4K

speaking
> of
> >'shaking it', there's always Anson's 'jack it off' idea, which sounds
> good,
> >albeit in more ways than one...
> >hth
> >Al

> STOP MORE SPAM with the MSN Premium and get 2 months FREE*
> http://join.msn.com/?pgmarket=en-

ca&page=byoa/prem&xAPID=1994&DI=1034&SU=http://hotmail.com/enca&HL=Marke
t_
> MSNIS_Taglines