(was) Deer Vs. Taurus (is) Grasshopper vs. Maxima

Haha, ah yes the grasshoppers. You want to see what the biblical plague of locusts looked like? Come here in early summer. When you walk through grass it's like popcorn bursting at your feet. There could easily be a couple hundred in any given sq. yard. I know a couple people who won't ride their motorcycles in the first half of summer because you get pelted so badly.

Dan

"doubt@inwave.com" <doubt@inwave.com> wrote:
When I was a younger we went out west to Colorado for a vacation in the dead of summer. Out in the plains they grow grasshoppers REALLY big (6+" long). My mom was in the back seat of our Maxima, windows open, and we were driving through a bunch of hoppers. All of a sudden one came right at the car, hit the B pillar between the front and rear doors, and EXPLODED all over my mom. Green guts everywhere. She freaked, my sister freaked, it was pretty nasty. One the way home we took out a crow with the radio antenna, it swooped down and hit the antenna at 75. Feathers and bird goo all over the road behind us. Suprisingly the antenna survived!
But not the crow.

Nate
Full of good stories!!