No Start issue with 1989 Jetta GLI 16v

Jeff, I saw your later posts that you even tried another fuel dist.

I suspect you have air in the lines.  Jumper the fuel pump relay, then
lift the sensor plate all the way till you hear the injectors start to
"scream", they put out a high pitched whine when they are dumping fuel at
full tilt.

Once that is done, the motor might be a little flooded, but should start
once you put it back together.

The car will never start unless this purging of the air in the injector
lines is done...I know, I've had that issue several times when I have done
fuel dist swaps.

--
Eric
www.vintagewatercooleds.com

79 VW Iltis
81 Rabbit Truck 2.0 16v
81 Scirocco S (TDI Swap project)
90 Corrado TDI
91 Cabriolet (2.0 Crossflow swap project)