From: scirocco-l-bounces@scirocco.org
[mailto:scirocco-l-bounces@scirocco.org] On Behalf Of stetson
Sent: Friday, March 26, 2004 6:44 AM
To: T Berk
Cc: scirocco list
Subject: Re: Need to source a 11mm triple square and more explicit 3A

AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHNNNNNTTTTT!!!

Wrong answer! You lose on Jeopardy!  ;^}

I was sure as all get out that that was the case too UNTIL I checked the
ETKA for a 3A block.

Model: A80 Year:90 MG:1 SG:03 Illustration:2-30

049 103 384 B  Bolt, with polygon socket head  M11X1,5X96  10pcs.

Nefarious miscreants!

Since I'm not using the head(bolts) again, I might just beat an
approximately sized torx or allen in there so I can get the last 2 out.

The 12mm and BFH solution worked for the other 8 but on the 9th started
shaving the top of the bolt and it goes against my nature to do things
that result in tiny shards of metal in an engine so I'm not attempting
the 10th....... yet.

I'm torn, "the right tool for the job" ethic screams @ me to get a 11mm
but the cheapassedness part on my character says, "You will NEVER use
these bolts again, so who cares."

This email was as much a venting release (Sorry for the noise!) as it was
a cry for help.

I'm gonna toss a coin to see which way I go.
Heads it comes off cheapest, tails I pay for a one time tool.

Tim

When among apes, one must play the ape.

On Fri, 26 Mar 2004, T Berk wrote:

> stetson wrote:
>
> > K then....
> >
> > I'm sitting here, polishing off some Linguini Carbonara con Portabella
w/
> > freshly grated Romano and FUMING!!!
> >
> > The nice set of Allen/Torx/polygonal socket that cost me $35 DOES NOT
HAVE
> > A 11mm triple square!!!!
> >
> > Farging Bastiges!
> >
> > And most of you know why I need it.
> >
> > Head bolts.
> >
> > Where can I get this ONE socket (preferrably in stock and in 1/2"
> > drive)?!?!?!?
>
> Headbolts ARE 12mm Twelvepoint. Tell me more why you need an 11?
>
> "WhatChuTalkinAboutWillis?"
>
> TBerk

---