The Speeding Ticket

I remembered I needed coffee, just after passing a SC trooper on I85, so I
took an exit just over a rise before he came into view in my mirrors. I saw
him lights on headed north as I crossed the overpass to Waffle House.
I wasn't running . I just needed coffee.

At risk of dating myself, back in the late 70s as an Army Aviator at Ft
Hood, TX, we were just starting to fly with night vision googles. There's a
stretch on the 4 lane between Killeen and Belton/Temple where the road
curves left under a bridge, eastbound. The locals always had a speed trap
set under the bridge.

Driving with the NVG, I always wanted to take my 74' 911S, blacked out,
brake lights disabled, and blow by the radar at 130 mph  then double back
at the next exit before they could even turn their lights on and see would
caused the radar gun to make the display.
It would have been fun, but I finally decided it wasn't worth what I could
have lost.