The Speeding Ticket

You were a bit more agressive than I would be...  :-)  Now, if I lived in
Dallas, I would be right there with you on that...  ;-P  A lot twistier
highways, it is a lot harder to do that here...

I got popped Sunday before last...  Oklahoma City cop on a two-lane divided
highway...  I have these dumb Vuarnet sunglasses that are too dark.  There he
was, under the bridge, I could not see him at all in the distance (the road
turns to the right just slightly, so the pillar for the above bridge hides the
cop well)...  Anyways, I went by him, knew I had been nic'ed, so I just pulled
over.  I was doing 80 in a 60, he made it 10 over, which does not go on the
record here...  I was glad, I have 10 damn point on my record!  I had no idea
until I went to the tag agency the monday following...  :-( _

Drive, um, slowly?

David Utley

PS, I get my Solo 2 radar detector tomorrow!  (evil grin)

Quoting Patrick Bureau <ats@longcoeur.com>:

> Heheh Anson, remind me a "little encounter" I had about 3 days ago, It was
> 9pm, work was over, and I was cruising at my usually 70mph on I-114
> Eastbound, highway is almost empty so I come to one of my favorite bends
> (one that is a long slope downwards and turns right before a long straight
> on I183 towards home... A great tune comes on the radio it gets cranked out,
> the sunroof is wide open, and I enter the curve at 85, I see the cop clear
> as daylight, as I am in the right lane, he's standing door open, facing me
> with his radar gun in hand.... I know I am nailed... But notice the I183
> westbound exit (oposite direction from home exit right after him, knowing
> that exit jump to I12 or I183 in a susccession of curves and dip, I press
> on, blow by the trooper, blinded by 560watts of lights I see him put his
> hand up to his eyes, as I roar by him and bolt unto the offramp.... Pull
> towards I12, jump off, run underpass, jump back unto I-114 in the opposite
> direction, quick succession of on and off ramps, I am on the otherside of
> the highway where the cops was,  a quick look tells me hes on the chase...
>
> I jump off at mcartur (1/2 mile up, hard right, back on I 114, then I183
> Westbound once again.... Go down 3 exit, pull out cross over highway and
> find a parking spot between a park 18 wheeler and a building, shutdown,
> black out, get out of car and walk away..
>
> Smoked about 5-6 cigarettes 2 blocks from car... Saw the cop twice with
> lights on, looking for me....hehehe
>
> Found a coffe shop, had a few more smokes and a coffee... Let car sit alone
> in the dark commercial hideout for 45mins...
>
> Walked back to car, sat nervously... Thinking... If he catches me I am in a
> whole lot of trouble, so I head westbound again, then southbound I360 for
> miles, the detour I20 eatsbound and I80.... Never saw it again....never got
> caught (thanks to no license plate in the front (hard to not recall ATS GTX
> on a texas plate...)
>
> I drive that hwy everyday... But I do 60-65 since...lol
>
> Yes I had to change my shorts once at home and drink a few beers...next time
> Ill just pull over.. Easier on the nerves...
>
> ---
> ATS - Patrick Bureau -  Web site :
> http://ats.longcoeur.com]http://ats.longcoeur.com
> AIM: texasscirocco - Yahoo: atsgtx - ICQ: 32918816 - MSN: atsgtx@hotmail.com