Wait, wait, wait - You Build a MegaSquirt YOURSELF?

--- T Berk <tberk@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> And the chip is a Motorola, MuHAHahahahahah. <cough>  <cough>.

:)

> How many of you folks are actually using such a system right now?

Well, if you count building a unit and cable, testing it, and having the intstallation perpetually
in-process, count me in...

> And why is it useful in your application?

Less restriction to incoming airflow.  Lighter.  Completely tunable to your specific combination
of components - you can take full advantage of new cams, exhausts, throttle bodies, etc.  Tunable
to your driving style and intended use.  Laptop programmable with the ability to change maps.
Cheap.  Significantly less complex than any CIS system.  Proven performance gains over carbs and
CIS.  It's cool to build your own FI controller.

Ummmm....more, I think, can't remember.  Need sleep.  Applying Megasquirt.

=====
Cheapass Ron
'81 Scirocco S - "Victor Jr."  7SM
(2.0L 16V, GL 4-speed w/ Quaife installed, Megasquirt coming...)