JH vs. Fox intake -- WAS RE: Torment! Mayhem! Engine Nudity!

Hi Rick,

	Strange that you should say this (I THOUGHT I'd mentioned it
somewhere before but that doesn't necessarily mean I did) because as of
right now the JH in the Lexicar has a old school rabbit 4-2 ex. mani. and
Audi 5K TB mounted on the Fox intake.

It can mostly be seen here(HUGE):

http://unrealexpectations.ath.cx/scirocco/tn/roc265.jpg.html

and here(Huge too!):

http://unrealexpectations.ath.cx/scirocco/tn/roc260.jpg.html

There have been no raintray denting issues in the MKII Lexicar and except
for the custom piping needed for the cold start valve in it's original
location, it's been rock solid and actual plug and play performance.

I'm considering porting the JH intake to match the 3A TB because I would
like to take out my present JH complete (to be replaced by the mutant) and
throw it into the brown '86 8v for a sleeper.
The other plus is that the JH intake is just floating around loose and
would be extremely easy to send w/ the head for port matching to keep the
Lexicar running up to the point of major surgery.
An early GTI intake will be searched for too, but if not found, I may be
going the porting route.

I'll be ordering a Audi 5K/intake gasket and be using that for my template
on the JH intake. If there is less than an 1/8"-3mm~ left to either side
after template marking, it will not be attempted.

We'll see what that cat drags in......  ;^}

Thank you for the input and recommendations though!

Tim

The secret of happiness is total disregard of everybody.