Starter Bolts - Size for replacements?

Since we're on the subject of starter bolts..

I got under my car yesterday and discovered (to my horror) that my lower
starter bolt was completely backed out and dangling from the ground wire
normally attached to it. Who knows how long it has been that way - but it
must have been at least a few miles because the threads were chewed up
pretty bad and I had to run them through a die before they would accept a nut.

That explains the brief recurrance of my starting issues; and the tingle-y
noise I had been hearing as I drove slowly around the block with the
windows down. I thought maybe a drivetrain or suspension component was
making that noise. Heh!

-Toby