IRS discussion

On 19 Mar 2004, at 01:53, L F wrote:

> In my definition, a pure IRS would allow one wheel to move through its
> travel without affecting the other in any way.

Sounds like a fair definition, since the defining term is "independent"

>   The VW's beam will not allow this, so BY ONE DEFINITION it is not a
> pure IRS.
>   If you go by other definitions...it may be.

But the real question is whether truly "independent" suspension is such
a good thing anyway. Surely, the fact that one wheel knows what the
other one is doing is an advantage when it comes to handling - as long
as the RESPONSE to this information is appropriate.

Aaron in London