TECH: Koni install questions

The only added difficulty beyond what is written in Bentley, is that you will
need to unscrew the cap at the top of the strut.  This will require a good
vise, and a Big F****** pair of channel locks, or pipe wrench.  It is on there
good, so I recommend soaking it in ATF, or another thread-unlocker...  Once
unscrewed, dump internals in your favorite trash can.  Clean it up, now would
be the time for paint if you are interested...  The crucial bit is when you
put that insert into the housing you just emptied, you need to put some ATF in
there to act as a cooling medium between the strut housing and the insert.
Otherwise, when and if you get jiggy with it, it will overheat the oil in the
insert and shorten its life.  IIRC, this is what KONI said to do when I did
mine...

HTH

David Utley