Noise and vibrations on the steering.. Solve one,findthereasonfor the other !

VW's
> that had IRS.  This way you can play with it, adjust it for whatever
kind
> of driving you plan on doing and that sort of thing.

A Porsche 924/944 torsion bar rear suspension could probably be modified
to fit.  IIRC the track is wider (I think around 3 inches?) so you'd
have to narrow it to fit.  (I was looking into this years ago when I had
a wacky idea of transplanting the engine and drivetrain from my old '78
924 into a Mk2...)

Mark.
75
80 S