Noise and vibrations on the steering.. Solve one, findthereason for the other !

Sounds like an interesting idea...  I have seen it done before, one fella on
the 'tex has a set up with mounts and all, no bar...  I would think the car
would handle better, but no evidence to support it...  Lemme know what you
decide, or if you get pics of your designs...

David Utley

Quoting Calimus <calimus@techography.net>:

> I knew this would happen, LOL.  I took the conversation off list, but if
> you want to join in thats cool.  My viewpoint is that it's not IRS and I
> kinda explained that a bit.  My basic idea is to replace the cross piece
> of the rear beam with a torsion bar.  That would achieve IRS wihout
> having to fab tons of new mounting points and all that happy stuff.
> Just have to do some fabbing to the rear beam and bolt it back in the
> same way it came out.
>
> William
>
> David Utley wrote:
>
> >Dan,
> >  Now trust me, I am not trying to incite anything but friendly discussion,
>
> >but you knew someone would ask...  How is it that it is independent, when it
>
> >uses a beam?  Trucks (american) have an axle beam, and it is a rigid rear
> >suspension, what makes the A1 cars different?
> >
> >David Utley

David Utley
Cable Volkswagen
405-470-3129