Fuel enrichment - was: (RE: Semi O/T: Got a pickup with 2.016V,do I need Motronic?)

> i don't believe this is the case with the tt mod; at WOT the o2 sensor isn't
> adjusting the mixture. also, i have the diy tt unit. it's sitting
> disconnected under the hood. the relay works just fine, but i noticed no
> power increase with it connected, even the butt dyno showed no increase.

Michael,

You're probably right that the system is running in open loop at WOT. It
makes sense to ignore the O2 when you're dumping lots of fuel in to the
motor trying to get maximum acceleration.

That said, the TT module won't work when the car is cold and a module
that modifies dpr current directly will ;)

But who drives their car at WOT when it hasn't even warmed up yet..? :)

As far as the module not helping, I'm not surprised. A lot of people have
noticed no difference. I think some motors are at one extreme or another
with respect to in-tune-ed-ness that they don't (or do) experience power
gains. Fuel enrichment modules are not be a cure-all, but I think it's
worth trying something if it could possibly net you some power.

I noticed a clear difference when I put my homebrew TT module in, but
took it out (most recently) when a wire on it broke and I never got around
to fixing it. It's sitting in the bottom of my toolbox..

(I also noticed a clear difference below 3000 rpm.. namely, increased
bogging and hesistation. That's what started me on my quest for something
better.. something that could sense rpm)

-Toby