  From: T. Reed
  To: L F
  Cc: Aaron ; scirocco-l@scirocco.org
  Sent: Saturday, March 13, 2004 2:09 PM
  Subject: Re: What's the fastest can ever take your Scirocco? - more numbers

  > In your equation you come up with a rather large number for C, when in actuality C is zero. (using the paperweight example)
  > Therefore, C squared is.....still zero.
  > Therefore, E = zero.
  > Proves my point.

  Uhhh, C is a constant.. the speed of light in a vacuum. 186,000 miles per
  second or thereabouts. It's not zero.

  > Your atomic clocks?  Time didn't slow down, the clocks did.
  > If TIME had slowed down, the clocks would have read FAST!  (ie, the clocks would have raced ahead of "time")
  > I win another round....:)

  Yeah, the thing about that is.. atomic clocks don't "slow down".

  Radioactive decay happens at a fixed rate (which is measured in
  terms of the isotope's half-life). Monitoring that decay gives you a very
  very very very accurate clock. That was the whole point of the experiment.

  I hope you were joking with your rebuttal..

  -Toby