  From: David Utley
  To: L F ; Euroroc II
  Cc: Scirocco-l@scirocco.org
  Sent: Wednesday, March 10, 2004 8:33 PM
  Subject: RE: ebay brake rotors--forging...

  Larry,
    I agree that forging is more effective, and quick, if it is done under
  pressure.  However, this is coming from Morgan, so I do not know what to
  say?  If they are online, I will send them an email and see if they can shed
  some light on it?  I trust the friend with my life, so I do not think he is
  pulling anything with me.

    To carry through on what you just mentioned, I grant you that a used
  engine will work-forge (or stress-relieve as you put it), with the thousands
  of heat cycles.  Is it not true to a lesser degree with an item that has
  hundreds of heat cycles with the warming of the day, and the cooling of the
  night?  Especially considering that it is done very slowly, which as I
  understand it is done in some forging practices?  If you would, please help
  me remember which ones and why slower warming/cooling is effective/helpful.

  Thanks,
    David Utley