Semi O/T: Got a pickup with 2.0 16V, do I need Motronic?

I have a friend who bought the Autotech fuel module and loves it. He has an 87 16v stock except for a turbo pushing 6psi. He said in the upper RPMs there was a definite 'seat of the pants' difference. I personally have no experience with such mod, but I do know it can be built cheaply and easily for about 1/5th of what the companies are asking for it.

Dan
PS- These modules are adjustable in some fashion right? I think I remember hearing you could adjust the amount of fueling with a little dial.

David Utley <mr.utility@highstream.net> wrote:
Comments within...

Quoting Daun Yeagley :

> --- David Utley wrote:
> > Daun,
> > No fuel enrichment device on yours?
>
> No, stay away from the fuel enrichment modules. Almost
> everyone I've ever heard of having one eventually removes
> it because it ends up causing running issues, either with
> the 1.8 or 2.0.

Really?! Interesting... What is the concensus on this, y'all? (No, I have
no accent, why do you ask?) Daun, any recommendations for an expose' on
those? I shall have to look at that more carefully...

> > As to the thing about it being chippable, yeah, that had
> > occurred to me...
> > TTs' chip gives you 13 hp, and that is with an otherwise
> > stock motor... I
> > would have a proper 2.25 TT exhaust and cams eventually,
> > not to mention a
> > P/Ped head. But, as I have always belonged to the
> > "Cheapass" club and did
> > not know it, these things will happen slowly... :)
>
> Yep, I hear that. I'm running the TT 2.25", stock cams,
> stock 2.0 head, and a 4k tranny. (That makes a big
> difference right there IMHO.)

Yeah, I don't know what tranny is in this, but I do know that it is a close-
ratio box with the tall 5th, so it should be a fun combo...

> > I forgot to mention, I will also have Evans coolant,
> > which should help
> > things...
>
> Can't help ya there... I think da original Cheapass Ron
> (TM) was going to run something like that - talk to him.

Cool, Ron, any experiences to offer, Mr. Cheapass, sir? :-)

David Utley

> =====
> Daun Yeagley - Wilmington Ohio
> '81 S, '85, '86 & '88 Sciroccos, '96 Passat GLX Wagon, '56 Cessna 172
> For Sale: '82 Scirocco.
> "My rabbit has a human foot on his keychain. That's not the scary part.
> What I wanna know is what those keys are for." - The Four Postmen

> Yahoo! Search - Find what you’re looking for faster
> http://search.yahoo.com

David Utley