Semi O/T: Got a pickup with 2.0 16V, do I need Motronic?

--- David Utley <mr.utility@highstream.net> wrote:
> Comments within...

> > No, stay away from the fuel enrichment modules.  Almost
> > everyone I've ever heard of having one eventually
> removes
> > it because it ends up causing running issues, either
> with
> > the 1.8 or 2.0.

 Daun, any recommendations
> for an expose' on
> those?  I shall have to look at that more carefully...

No expose, just an observed thread that pops up on the list
every now and then, and at least three friends off the top
of my head have had issues.

> Yeah, I don't know what tranny is in this, but I do know
> that it is a close-
> ratio box with the tall 5th, so it should be a fun
> combo...

Probably stock AGB or 2Y.  Fine, but to increase the fun
factor, you need a better final drive.  (3.89 or 3.94)
That's why I have a 4k w/ an .80 5th.

=====
Daun Yeagley - Wilmington Ohio
'81 S, '85, '86 & '88 Sciroccos, '96 Passat GLX Wagon, '56 Cessna 172
For Sale: '82 Scirocco.
"My rabbit has a human foot on his keychain.  That's not the scary part.  What I wanna know is what those keys are for." - The Four Postmen