has anyone swapped an auto for a stick?

Hey guys this question is about my 91 Jetta, It has an automatic which is
burned up,but the car is super clean so I want to consider installing an 84 GTi
5spd.  I also already have a Jetta clutch and pedal assembly and cables, but
wonder if anyone else has done this before and if it will" bolt up".  I assume
the flywheel and starter too but what about trans to block, and drive shafts,
etc. What can I do to make this work?  It is a daily driver so  I have to do
something quick. Thanks alot, Michael