ACD flanges

> Swapping flanges is easy-squeezy... if you have the right tool!

That's tools, not tool.
       ^^^^^

1) flange compressor "duh"
2) *** circlip pliers ***

Don't kill yourself trying to do it with screwdrivers. Spring for the
circlip pliers; you'll use them again someday. Not snap ring pliers--
actual circlip pliers. Try NAPA if you can't find 'em. $16-ish.

> You'll need to probably replace the seal that go inside the flange (it can
> be removed and re-used if done very, very, very carefully but I'd just
> replace it). The tool is not too complicated and could be home made. Check
> Bentley for details.
>
> -Raffi

You can get the seal out by using a punch and a hammer to tap it on one
side and then lightly pry up on the other. It will pop right out after a
few attempts. Tap the new one in carefully with a block of wood; lube with
multipurpose grease first.

Put a new "center cap" in or you're wasting your time and the oil will
leak right out past the seal. These are non-reusable and can be driven in
place with the rigth sized socket or carefully tapped in with a hammer.

Oh, and don't forget to drain the gear oil :)

-Toby